Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thinking of others

Part of being a good christian person is thinking of others, did you ever hear the phrase "It takes a village" I truly believe this. It is amazing how much people have an effect on your children, as I was thinking of those that had lasting effects on me. My Aunt that I was very close to once said to me as we were driving down the road and saw an accident on the side of the road, she prayed, and then said to me; "Whenever I hear or see an ambulance siren, I pray for the people involved - the victims of the incident as well as the workers trying to provide service to them." Now as an adult I have taught my husband this, and plan to teach this to our children. It is a wonderful way to think of others and help them pray when they are not always able to. It goes back to some of the basic rules of life; Treat others as you would like to be treated. I would hope that someone was praying for myself or my family if we were in need. So today think of someone that needs your prayers and pray for them, you don't even have to know their name. You could just pray for someone you see a lot.

No comments: